Thursday, September 8, 2011

Movie Review: Contagion


Contagion
First of all, I would like to thank Warner Bros. Pictures (Philippines) for inviting me to the press screening of Contagion! It was a great experience for me and my husband. I saw my other movie blogger friends and got the chance to chat with them ;) Okay, now back to the movie review.
DISEASES

With this movie, I came to understand the complex process of developing a vaccine for new diseases. The disease in this movie was referred to as MEV-1. Remember the SARS and A(H1N1) outbreak? Everybody was so scared to have a contact with other people especially to foreigners. It is understood that we only have one life and we cannot blame these people who are really health-conscious.

MEV-1 was the same. It was a disease unknown to man and it spreads so fast! This movie just reminds me of A(H1N1). I felt the connection in this film because  I have experienced being so careful in interacting with different people around me. When A(H1N1) was around, I was an Assistant Manager in a retail clothing store and part of my job is to assist staff in assisting our customers. Our customers are mostly foreigners and as cruel as it may sound, we sanitize our hands every time we're done talking to a customer.

Honestly, I don't really find the movie great. It's okay. Nothing remarkable but it was something that you can really relate to.

HYGIENE

I guess the ultimate learning in this film is having a good hygiene. MEV-1 was very contagious and that the characters in the film need to sanitize every now and then. The disease spreads through things that a carrier had contact with. Imagine that! That's crazy! As what our doctors always tell us, even though there's no A(H1N1) or any disease like that at the moment, always make sure that you wash your hands.

If you have not seen the movie trailer yet, feel free to watch it below. Leave a comment if you like. I want to know what's in your mind. 'Til my next movie review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be approved soon. Don't panic! Unless you're a bot or a spammer *wink*

Related Posts with Thumbnails