Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Amnesia Girl Press Conference

By Sai

My Amnesia Girl stars the ever so lovely and bubbly Toni Gonzaga and one of our finest young actors, John Lloyd Cruz. This is one of the movies I'm looking forward to see on the big screen. I applaud Star Cinema and Direk (Director) Cathy Garcia-Molina for coming up with another unique, heart-felt yet funny and realistic movie!

My Amnesia Girl is a story about love and a second chance - with a twist. What if you decided to revive the love, which failed the first time, but your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend can't remember you (totally) at all? It's a pretty interesting story and before the thought crosses your mind I'm telling you THIS IS NOT LIKE 50 FIRST DATES - this is more exciting than that!
During the My Amnesia Girl press conference, people are actually wondering if this movie is somewhat similar to Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler's 50 First Dates. As soon as the press material was handed to me, I did what I had to - read the materials presented to me. I was also surprised when I saw the movie trailer. I actually like it and I was just smiling the whole time all the movie trailers are being played as we were waiting for the cast of the movie to join us. My Amnesia Girl is a story of Irene (Toni Gonzaga) and Apollo (John Lloyd Cruz) who had their past relationship. This is exactly different from the typical movie we see nowadays where the story starts with the lead male and female characters don't know each other and, with the script writer's magic, will fall in love and will live their own happily ever after.

This movie starts with the bitterness of a past relationship - all the heartaches, conflicts and other love issues. It starts with the worst any of us could ever encounter in a relationship and (because I haven't seen the movie yet) hopefully would end happy. Irene was badly hurt of her breakup with the love of her life, Apollo. Because of a certain incident, she got an amnesia. On the other hand, Apollo is pressured to settle down. He's the only one in his circle of friends who is still a bachelor. Thus, making him think of the (so far) greatest relationship he had - Irene. They met again and, to Apollo's surprise, Irene can't remember him.
QUESTIONS: Can he undo things? Can he make this second chance worth it? Can they put the past behind? What will happen if Irene remember everything - heartaches and their past issues?
My Amnesia Girl brings together John Lloyd Cruz and Toni Gonzaga for the first time in a move, a new match calculated to set off romantic explosions, what with the magic touch of director Cathy Garcia-Molina that has been amply proven in several Star Cinema flicks.
We had a great night at the press conference. This movie really got my attention. I'm currently looking for someone who's brave enough to watch a Tagalog movie with me (face the fact! We love foreign movies more than our local movies. Let's support Pinoy movies this time) and enjoy and laugh the time away with My Amnesia Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be approved soon. Don't panic! Unless you're a bot or a spammer *wink*

Related Posts with Thumbnails