Monday, January 31, 2011

Let poetry entertain you wit Orosman at Zafira on Feb 4

By Sai
Orosman at Zafira
Not all of my friends know this, but I love poems! I love reading poems and I even read them with passion! I also make poems every time I'm inspired. I usually write about love and nature. My friend invited me to watch Orosman at Zafira with him, and I couldn't be more ecstatic about it!

Dulaang UP together with Bit by Bit Development Company will bring us Francisco Baltazar's Orosman at Zafira. Honestly, I haven't heard this before (am I a real loser for this? Oh well, what can I do?) and I'm very excited to see this! Upon checking online (hahaha), Orosman and Zafira is a story about three kingdoms namely Marueccos, Tedenst, and Duquela struggling for power. This will be the modern version of Baltazar's komedya (Spanish term for drama). I'm really looking forward to see this play because I heard that it will feature the strength of Filipinas and will celebrate the uniqueness of our culture.

This is directed and choreographed by Dexter M. Santos, with original music by Carol Bello. Orosman and Zafira got nominations for both Best Musical Production and Best Stage Director at the 21st Aliw Awards. By the way, this is the rerun of the play.

Watch Orosman and Zafira on February 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25 and 26, 2011 at SM Mall of Asia Centerstage Theater. I'll watch it with a friend on the 4th. See you there!

2 comments:

Your comment will be approved soon. Don't panic! Unless you're a bot or a spammer *wink*

Related Posts with Thumbnails